Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Alternatives When Rake 0.8.7 Breaks in JRuby 1.3.0

I previously mentioned that adding console redirection to the top (even above the "requires") of tests might assist in nailing down the issue of errors (like mispelled method name/uninitialized constant Test (NameError)) being swallowed when calling Rake to kick off tests in JRuby. However, sometimes that doesn't even help. Something simple to try is to just call the JRuby tests themselves:
jruby -S (jruby test file)
Note, according to Nick and Charlie this is fixed in 1.3.1:
Yeah, I think this is the issue. In some cases it seems like stderr is
silenced and in other cases it's not. We could probably go ahead and
apply this patch to master, since it was only to eliminate an annoying
stderr output in the spec run.

On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 11:10 AM, Nick Sieger wrote:
> > I noticed this problem as well. I think this was a bug in 1.3.0 that
> > we fixed for 1.3.1. The commit is here:
> >
> > http://github.com/jruby/jruby/commit/2fd6c3d9018ba3d1e3e80f280d04f94c14351eaa
> >
> > /Nick

No comments: